Re: New PostGhost and Xy2PDF frames - XyShell NOT Required

PostGhost works beautifully; TYP I cannot use on this machine, since the
printer is attached to a USB port, and 98 won't let one remap (once I get
all these goodies ported to the other PCs, which have parallel
attachments, I'll be able to). But I'm no doubt doing something dumb with
XY2PDF but cannot figure out what. With a file displayed, here's what
happens:
1. I type XY2PDF on the CL and hit my HELPKEY; Message appears
"Usage:Xy2PDF [current_d:\path\output_filename.pdf"
2. So I type XY2PDF e:\xyinfo\thisfile.pdf (where thisfile.txt is the
file displayed) and hit my HELPKEY; Same error message.
3. I tried omitting the drive and directory; same thing.
4. I tried typing the names of both the current file and the output file.
Same thing.

I did try looking at the code, but it was mostly way over my head. It
seemed to want the fully qualified path in SG 50 for insertion into SG
03, but SG 50 (when queried by VA/NV and listsavs) kept reporting -1.
Obvious things: my POSTGHST.prn file was loaded, U2 loaded and running
for everything else. Here's what my XyWWWeb.reg says in this segment:
[Ghostscript]
Ghostscript_EXE_Win32=c:\GS\gs8.15\bin\GSWIN32.EXE
GsPrnDev=mswinpr2 dialog
Ghostscript_EXE_OS/2=
Ghostscript_EXE_*nix=
GSView_Win32=c:\GS\ghostgum\gsview\GSVIEW32.EXE
GSView_OS/2=
GSView_*nix=
;
I even tried altering the path to include C:\gs\gs8.15\bin and
C:\gs\ghostgum\gsview (which--am I wrong?--I didn't think one needed to
do if they were referenced in the Xy Reg file). Same thing. NO doubt I
will kick myself when someone tells me what I'm doing wrong...

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx