From: Harry Binswanger
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: OT: some questions for our Apple + Parallels Users

My experience was entirely the opposite of what Kari said:

  - I ran XP via Parallels on a MacBook Pro for 2 years, with no problem
other than a bit of slowness and a bit of roundaboutness in doing some
things. (In the end, I found OS X no better than Windows, so I went back to
Windows (Win 7).) During those two years, I "lived" on the XP/Parallels/Mac
system, and ran XyWrite inside it. Worked pretty well: not bad enough to
jump ship right away; not good enough to stay on board more than 2 years.

  - I don't recall paying for any new license.

  - I transferred a (working) XP over to the MacBook, using the Parallels
"transporter" or whatever it's called; because I was going from a
completely functional XP system, I didn't have to use any image or cloud
(but it took about 13 hours!)

In the end, it depends on what she is trying to do. Does she *want* to move
to Apple? Is the learning curve in going from XP to Win 7 to steep for her?
Etc.

Regards,
Harry