Re: Colours issue...

At 01:06 PM 3/16/2007, M.W. Poirier wrote:
I use Tame (ver. 7), and my italics on-screen font, changed too. The italic font background colour changed from deep blue (which is the normal background colour of my screen) to green. Now, as I look at the colour table, it seems that the background of the normal italic font could never have been deep blue, since this is not possible accord-ing to the colour table. But I know that it very much was. So what happened to bring my past situation about? I haven't a clue. I'm trying to investigate that, but very cautiously, since I don't want to ruin the setup I currently have, a setup that is not ideal, but much better than it was yesterday.
Try disabling TAME (semi-colon it out of Autoexec.nt) or don't run
your .bat file, if that's the way you invoke it. Set your XY display
preferences and get XY running as you like without TAME. Next, go
into \My Documents\Tame 5.1\SavedOptions and move\copy
_default.pif.view.tam to another folder for momentary storage. [NB:
It's one of the two files where display defaults are set; other is
\Program File\Tame 5.1\Settings\XYWrite.app.tam.] Now, with XY plain
the way you want, re-enable TAME in Autoexec.nt or your .bat file. It
will create a new _default.pif.view.tam in the old location. Now you
can begin to reset your TAME viewing preferences and recover\rebuild
your old setup. If you get frustrated or want to go back to where you
started, simply copy the original _default... over the new one. I
keep backup copies of the _default file. BTW, I'm using Pre7 too,
even though it still has a few artifacts. I tried Pre10, which did
not seem much of an improvement. Then I made the colossally stupid
mistake of uninstalling it using a third party uninstaller (JV16) and
trashed my drive. Took days to rebuild, after which, of course, I
installed an image program. We don't live and learn, it seems; we
just keep getting more calluses on our foreheads. (If you must
uninstall TAME, use its native uninstaller or the CP; DT says all you
really have to do is delete the folders. There's only a handful of
entries in the registry.)

michael.norman@xxxxxxxx