Re: XyWrite and C (in the 21st century)

Why "should" it be excepted?
So it can continue to evolve - - and succeed beyond the present
minute base. I'm perfectly happy to use XyWrite as it is - - and I
know now there will always be a DOS box to run it in. But NB should
be evolving to a much greater extent.
To give but one example, had XyWrite continued to be developed, it
would have been recognized years ago that MSW was where the rest of
the world was. So Xy would have tracked every new feature available
in .rtf and be able to replicate Word docs virtually exactly. It
would now be being used by hundreds of thousands as the smarter,
faster alternative to MSW. For that matter, how hard could it be to
turn it into a native rtf editor? And honestly, with the latest
'simplification' of Word 2007, I think a lot of people would find the
so-called 'steep learning curve' of XyWrite pretty shallow.
The minute you're committed to absolute polarity with the latest rtf,
you're taken seriously by a vastly greater number of potential
private and corporate customers.