Remapping the keyboard under Win XP

As I looked back through the list archives last week, I saw
a lot of old posts asking whether it was possible to remap the Caps Lock,
Ctrl, and Alt keys in Win XP. That's just what I'm needing to do, and
wondered if anyone ever came up with a good solution. I noticed one post
from Otis about editing the registry. Does any of you know, did that
emerge as a good solution, or has someone had a better or simpler
solution to suggest? Thanks very much.

Also, I wrote last week saying that the keyboard was acting up for me in XyDOS under WinXP. Turns out to be a strange bug in WinXP: All I need to do is switch from XyWrite to any other program and then back (with Alt-Tab), and the keyboard starts working fine again. Alan