Re: xywrite Digest V4 #119

Hello Jon,

>Running ne X:\testfile takes 15-20 seconds--a very long time in our computer universe--but does create the file. ST also takes 15-30 seconds, which is annoying but not a deal-breaker. However, SAving, WrdCount and other operations on a file in X:\--which I use constantly--seem to crash Virtual PC.

This is very curious, I do not have WIN 98 installed, but simple MS-DOS 6.22. If I issue a "NE
x:myfile.xy" command, it is executed instantaneously, both in XY4 and DOS NB 3. No problems
whatsoever. Saving is also as fast as in a dedicated DOS machine. There should not be any waits or
crashes. I tried installing the portable Xy in VirtualPC with Win95. I put the files in c:\xy in the
virtual machine and made a shortcut to Editor.exe. Tried the NE and SA to X: shared folder. No
problems whatsoever. There must be something funny in your setup. How do you run XyWrite? How is
editor.exe started?

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)