Re: Virtualization questions

>Can I use VPC to run the Mac image from Virtual Box or can I use VirtualBox to run the VPC XP
image? Or is there some other way of doing this?

I think your best bet is using VirtualBox.

>Another couple of questions I have are, under my existing Virtual XP,

> (a) how seriously do I have to take the antivirus warnings and what
should I install, if I have to install anything? and

Very seriously. A virtual machine connected to the Net is like any machine connected to the Net.

>(b) is there any way I can turn off internet access in the XP virtual
machine (since I don't need it) so that I wouldn't have to worry
about security issues?

Go to Settings, uncheck Enable Network Adapter.

>As far as I know, U2 ANSI2xy performs conversion from ANSI to XyWrite
format (Xy2ANSI, the opposite). Also is possible to use Holmgren's CLIP
to capture the clipboard content. Maybe I am disregarding something in
your message.

To use U2 you need to upgrade to Xy 4, but I am still working with 1988 NB 3, a variant of Xy 3(+).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx