Conversion experience

I thought this was worth sharing:
I have a 100+ page ms. of my father-in-law's autobiography, full of place
names in Germany and Italy, with several kinds of accents. (Xy4DOS, Speedo
fonts.)

I wanted a Word version of the ms. and did the following:

SaveAs to WordPerfect 5.1 using Xy's on-board converter.
Open in Word 7.

Word took forever converting from WP 5.1 to Word 7, but when it was done I
had most of the formatting intact -- *including* almost all the accented
characters (except a with grave, capital E with grave, and o with grave).

I've said this before: WP for DOS is a great intermediary for conversions --
it works (for me) better than RTF.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx