Re: XyWrite & Windows 2000: Beta solution to keyboard "jerkiness" you can try now

> > I can't detect any change in performance within XyWrite (v4.018) or within another
> > commercial DOS program I use---the jerkiness remains, at the same level.
>
> Did you reboot?

  I hadn't ... but now that I have there is no change.

> And where is the slider positioned in Control Panel==>Keyboard==>Speed==>Repeat rate,
> on the Slow to Fast scale?

  At the fastest possible setting. At the slowest setting, the repeat rate is
extremely slow. At an intermediate setting it is also pretty slow, and the jerkiness
remains.

> > (In a DOS
> > program I wrote myself, however, I see the 80% improvement Robert Holmgren
> > mentioned.)
>
> What does your program do? Can I try it?

  I'll send it to you privately.

  Thanks!!

--
Martin J. Osborne