RE: help !

Re: from Tim Baehr

> Some of our subscribers have found ways to make PostScript fonts work with
> XyWrite; I've never tried.

I have been using Postscript since the late 1980s and they work great. I now
have a 1995 Lexmark Optra Rt+, which was a bit pricey at the time but has
done great service since I bought it. Cost per page is now about a half a
penny per page. Though its main print dpi is 600, I have 1200 dpi when I
want it and it outputs at about 16 pages per minute. When you install a new
cartridge ($199) after about 15,000 or more copies, you basically replace
all the working parts, in a sense making it almost a new machine.

I use the POST_HP4.PRN printer file and do not think I have done anything to
it. By changing the SZ command, I have printed between 4 and 72 point on the
same page, with full command of typefaces.

I think the typefaces are COURIER, STANDARD, BOOKMAN, NEWCENTURYSCHLBK,
ZAPFCHANCERY, PALATINO, TIMES, AVANTGARDE, HELVETICA, HELVETICA-NARROW,
SYMBOL, and DINGBATS

A new Postscript laser printer is the PC Magazine "Editors' Choice" (Nov 3,
1998,) the NEC Superscript 870 at $249

Of course the printer also does PCL 4 and 5 to be compatible with Windows
programs.

I agree with Tim:

> And if anyone can figure out how to make TrueType work with
> Xy4DOS, he or she will be a hero.

TR...