Re: XyWin now working! Microsoft solves problem shock!

Er ... yes I thing there was a typo in what I wrote down ... sfc is
correct :)

I contacted Microsoft through their standard support number; having already used this service twice I had to pay but I was desperate. Eventually I was put through to their support centre in India (my earlier requests went through to Canada ... just luck I suppose.) I was initially told there was nothing they could do because it was a third party and old program, but I insisted it was a Windows problem. I suppose I had the good fortune to (a) have it working on another machine (so I could show them the logs and how it was supposed to launch) and (b) to have someone at the end of the phone who hated giving up.

It took about a week of calls, and my contact (Raghu Reddy - he should be named and praised) consulted with his managers somewhat but in the end we got there!!

I think the key to this was having a logfile from PROCMON of a working XyWrite launch. I would think that not everyone who has this problem will be able to have such a file, which is why if the gurus of XYWWEB would like to have a copy of this file to stash away somewhere for reference I would be delighted to provide it. I have filtered out everything that has nothing to do with the launch of XyWin and it is only 2.3 MB.

Paul

123VOYAGE/TRESORS DU SUD OUEST:
http://123voyage.com/realsw/tresors/index.htm; eudora="autourl"> http://123voyage.com/realsw/tresors/index.htmTelephone: (33) 5 59 38 99 00; Fax:(33) 5 59 38 99 11
Post: 123Voyage, c/o Williams, Bourg, 64190 Rivehaute, France

123Voyage, Tresors du Sud Ouest and Treasures of the South West are trading names of Sauveterre Ltd, company registered in the UK.
French SIRET No: 45316791800029 French No TVA (VAT) FR72 453167918