Re: Another ignorant keyboard question

Reply to note from Jay McNally  Thu, 13 Sep 2001
18:36:38 -0400

> What is wrong with this line?
>
> I't's been years since I did much xpl and never did use the bx,
> q2 combo, but now am changing over my keyboard to do so.
>
> When implement the following, the command line gets cleared.
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> 47=bx,i,:,q2,bx,c,d, ,\,c,r,e,d,o,\,m,i,c,h,e,l,l,e,q2

Nothing's wrong. The blank CMline is not a result of using BX but
of the particular commands you're executing. For better or worse, a
feature of both the X: command (to change drives) and the CD command
(to change directories) is that the CMline is automatically cleared
after each command is executed.

Is there any reason to keep your CD command on the CMline after
execution? If so, you'll have to put it back, as follows (be sure
to omit the carriage return after the second Q2):

47=BX,i,:,Q2,BX,c,d, ,\,c,r,e,d,o,\,m,i,c,h,e,l,l,e,Q2,
BC,c,d, ,\,c,r,e,d,o,\,m,i,c,h,e,l,l,e,GT

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx