RE: Resurrection of XyWrite?

Thanks.  You're right.  In my case, most of the files didn't have an extension and it wouldn't recognize them, but when I renamed them with a 3 letter extension, they opened. In my case, I used the letters "rev" because one the files had that extension, although I don't know if that meant anything, or if any extension name would have worked.

Thanks for your input.

Steve

I have tried opening them with Notepad and such. It doesn't seem to work. But I will try downloading the Xywrite III files I see posted and try that.Fortunately, I do have an old computer with working 5.25 floppy drive and 3.5" diskette drive which I could copy the files to and then transfer to a newer computer to use with whatever Xywrite program I download.Thanksmailto:cld@xxxxxxxx>Carl Distefanomailto:xywrite@xxxxxxxx>xywrite@xxxxxxxxmailto:stevereinemer@xxxxxxxx>stevereinemer@xxxxxxxx>; Sun, Anybody out there know where I can get a copy of the Xywrite II program or compatible? I've got old floppies with family files on them that I can't read because I don't have the program files. Will Xywrite III open them?mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx>cld@xxxxxxxx