Re: Code pages

Michael, Harry,
Sorry, I didn't mean to shout in my last. My frustration was at myself, for not being able to state something fairly simple in a way that intelligent and literate colleagues can understand.
CP 437 is what you will get if you are in expanded mode. (As I
mentioned, Robert stated this back in January, and who am I to argue?
Esp. when my own experiments bore it out.)
Now if you are in Draft or Graphic View and VA/NV LA is STILL giving
you 437, then there is something skew-whiff. Are you sure:
1. That Settings.dfl is the dfl file that is getting loaded? I ask
because I once fell foul of that: I made some changes to Settings.dfl,
saved it under a new name, then edited startup.int to load that file.
So check startup.int to be sure which .dfl file you're loading.
2. Might there be more than one df LA= setting in it? SE the file for
that, and make sure it's not being reset further down.
3. Could some other file be setting it? A printer file perhaps. Call
all the files that are loaded by Startup.int, and all the printer
drivers referenced in your PP tabls, and search for that setting.
If that fails, I will try to see if it's something peculiar to
NT/2K/XP, but that will have to wait till I get to the office. But I
cannot imagine that Robert would not have mentioned it.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx