Re: macros

Reply to note from tgieske  Wed, 20 Jan 1999
01:42:08 -0800

-> Back when I had Xywrite 3 and a 4086, I used to be able to make
-> macros to do things to my copy, such as take all the carriage
-> returns out and replace them with [ep carriage return, which
-> teh host computer at my paper would recognize as a paragraph
-> indent.
->
-> You would outline the carriage return, hit the replace function
-> gizmo, and the carriage return arrow would appear in the window
-> signifying the thing to be replaced.

Since Xy3 had no native macro-recording capability, you were
probably using something like Robert Holmgren's NCAPTURE.PM. Xy4
does have the ability to record keystrokes, but it's not clear why
you need it here. Why not use a simple CH or CV command?

-> You're told to record keystrokes. But certain keystrokes won't
-> record, particularly the ones that you wish to replace. There's
-> a bunch of things I'd like to use macros for, cleaning up HTML
-> files for instance, but I can't make them work anymore.

It would help if you were more specific. What, exactly, are you
trying to do? And which XyWrite are you using, Xy4 (DOS) or XyWrite
for Windows?

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/