RE: Webster's 3rd International

Thank you, Robert. I had not read your OED site in a while; it's even more
comprehensive. And I think I'll take your suggestion. I miss having the OED
on my HD (1.1 was perfect -- simple, clean, and with your executable, a snap
to run.) Swhx.exe seems like a good solution. My only complaint with V4 is
that you cannot copy the entire definition (which I do with every set of
graduate papers I line edit, then attach the definitions to the edit copy to
show the student why he got that lousy grade; imagine -- paying $35,000 to
learn to write and being too lazy to use a dictionary!). At all events, I'll
give it a try. Price is very low these days.

Michael Norman
michel.norman@xxxxxxxx

Behalf
>Of Robert Holmgren
>Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:20 PM
>To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Webster's 3rd International
>
>** Reply to message from "Michael Norman"
> on Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:20:09 -0400
>

>> Anyone using Webster's 3rd International CD-ROM or know if its
>> protected by SecuROM?
>
>Why not use the OED v4.003? There are simple workarounds to get rid of
SecuROM --