Re: Leaving XP for Windows 7 at last

Lynn,
... I would definitely suggest that you install Win 7 64-bit. There
 is no good reason to do otherwise. Even modern browsers need 64-bit
 power. And if you will virtualize something, you will definitely
 need more memory than the 32-bit option provides. ...
Kari makes a compelling argument. Do yourself a favor and get 64-bit
Win 7, and as much memory as you can afford. Unless you're just
upgrading the OS, not the machine, and your current machine won't run
64-bit Windows comfortably, in which case you're looking at 32-bit as
a transitional expedient.
Installing vDosXy is easy, there is even a secret installer (that has been in beta stage from May this year, when I and Carl last worked on it). It makes the process automatic.
Ah, the installer! It's nifty. You tell it where XyWrite is, where you
want vDosXy to be and, bingo, you're up and running. It even maps your
Windows drive structure onto AUTOEXEC.TXT for you. Kari, we should
dust this off and finish it. As I recall, we were down to the short
strokes....

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx