Re: Printer question

Reply to note from MargDelG@xxxxxxxx Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:49:27 EDT

Marguerite:

> When I tried the SETP command to choose the new printer, I got
> the message: When using Windows device drivers, SETP not
> allowed. When I tried to choose the new printer from
> Menu/Printer Setup, which I have tried various ways, many
> times, I got the message: No Xywrite printer file loaded.

SETP is only relevant when you've configured XyWin to use XyWrite
printer drivers. But since your printer is attached to a USB port,
Xy printer drivers won't help you. You need to tell XyWin to use
*Windows* printer drivers. On the XyWin command line, issue

UWF 2

Then, I think, you should be able to select a Windows printer via
the menus. Perhaps a XyWin user (which I'm not) could help here.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx