Re: off topic: native cultures, etc.

Somewhat upstream in this stream-of-conscientiousness topic, I mentioned
working on an archaeological dig at a mammoth graveyard. Now, thanks to
Google, I have just discovered that the site is the place where the Nez Perce
War began. The tribe had convened to discuss encroachments on their
reservation; a few hotheads rode out and slaughtered a couple of notorious
anti-Indian settlers and touched off the war. The site is Tolo Lake, near
Grangeville and White Bird Canyon.
Phil Adamsak