Re: printer problems {again}

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eberle, Jim"
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 2:30 PM
Subject: RE: printer problems {again}

> I haven't followed the entire thread, but have you gone into the Windows
Control Panel to Printers and checked to determine if you've installed the
printer and that it is the default printer?

> Jim Eberle

Jim,
   No, I haven't. I'm willing to try if it would help. But two things to
note:
         1) The printer was installed years ago, and nothing (that I
know of) has changed in the last few days to cause the computer to stop
communicating with the printer. That's why I think it's something
"physical." When I said earlier that I "haul out the old computer/old
printer setup," I meant both that I don't use it often AND that I actually
lift the printer out of a cabinet and put it on the floor. (But I don't move
the old computer around.)
         2) If it is possible that something has inadvertently made
the printer "uninstall," then I'm willing to go in there and look. But can
someone please tell me how to get into the Windows Control Panel and what to
do from there? Please remember, this Windows is very old, from 1993, I
think. It's Win 3.1. (And the DOS, by the way, says "MS-DOS Verison 6.") Is
going to into the Windows Control Panel worth doing?