Re: ALT SHIFT codes for accented letters

Harriet Hodges wrote:
Very helpful indeed. Thanks.

Now if I could only get either my Epson 5000+ Action Printer or my HP
Officejet v40 to actually print that, I'd be ready for my next semester's
Spanish course.

The Epson will print--but not some accents. The HP I can't get to print at
all.

Harriet Hodges
If this is XyIII, I have nothing to suggest, as I haven't used it in years. But in 4 there is a perfectly simple and workable solution. Download Ghostscript and Gsview and use Robert Holmgren's TYP routine from U2 with his Postghst.prn driver (new version, IIRC, with updated high-order characters). It Just Works. Even on a USB printer. By the bye, Gsview can save one's bacon in other circumstances. I have to print a form for the PO every week from a specialized mailing application. For some reason, if I don't print to a Postscript printer, the PO logo at the top comes out backward (mirror writing). One day the PS printer was down, and I had to print the form. So I loaded the PS driver, printed to a file, called the file under GSView, and printed to an HP deskject. No mirror writing. All under Windoesnt.
Look, Paul and I had a few problems with TYP when it first came out, but
that was mostly (at least in my case) my absentmindedness. It's not
rocket science (using it isn't, I mean; writing it surely was). It
works, and the two add-ons are very useful for other problems and well
worth getting.

Patricia M. Godfrey