Re: WordPort 6.0 under Windows 3.1

harmon seaver said:
 <
 < Well, that sounds like the problem right there -- somewhere in the
 < autoexec.bat, there must be a command that loads the tcp/ip program. Not
 < just the path statement (e:\tcpip/dos/bin) but something else. This is
often
 < what happens when you allow a program, during installation of that program,
 < to modify your autoexec.bat or config.sys. NEVER LET THEM DO THIS! Look
 < for that command, delete that line or at least "rem" is out, and all will
 < be well, I think. Then, for your actual tcp/ip session, if you don't have
 < an icon already for it, migrate the tcp/ip program to the desktop. But
 < wait -- isn't that a feature of OS/2? Then it should be an OS/2 program
 < -- what is the e:\tcpip\dos\bin, anyway? Why run a dos tcp/ip when you
 < have it built-in to Warp? I wouldn't think a dos tcp/ip would even work
 < under OS/2 -- only if you had LAN Manager, and then again, it's built in.
 < I got interlink and laplink for dos to work, but only in a dos VBM (image
 < file window). Sounds like you got something screwy there, Marv.
 < No, no no. To put it briefly. There is a bunch of tcpip stuff put into the
CONFIG.SYS (not autoexec) that is aimed at dos sessions (they have the telltale
letters "dos" in them!). If you are not running tcipip sessions from dos you
can rem them out in the CONFIG.SYS.
They don't do any harm though.

-- Voice: (919) 515-6331               David D. Auerbach
Master-Alias: David_Auerbach@xxxxxxxx       Box 8103 Actual Address:
auerbach@xxxxxxxx       NCSU local address: auerbach
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103