Mouse Still M.I.A.

This follow-up query references previous msg.s # 9493 & 9494. I have tried
adjusting values in SETTINGS.DFL, and even going back to an earlier version of
the Logitech Mouse driver, but nothing seems to work. I still get a rapid
spray of diamond characters at the CM, or a rapidly fluttering menu bar, but
the mouse does not work.

So far, the one thing I have tried in the (DOS) configuration files is to
remove NDOS (Norton's gloss on 4DOS), the absence of which at bootup makes
absolutely no difference. The mouse worked o.k. in SIGNATURE, and, I think,
in the first release of XY4DOS. Things that are definitely different since
then are the latest version of NDOS -- already crossed off as a possible
culprit -- and an upgrade from version 6.24 of QEMM to the current ver. 7.02.
Since I no longer have the earlier QEMM on the H/D, it would be incon- venient
to dig it out and put it back just to test this.

You said you wanted to see the load order of various things. I have enclosed
all the relevant files in the Zipfile you will find attached. There is no line
in AUTOEXEC for the mouse driver, since I load it manually from a C> prompt,
when desired, prior to invoking XY4.

Frankly, I don't miss the rodent all that much, but feel this *ought*
to work, and hope you have some better ideas.

*Enclosed File: DEADRATS.ZIP