Re: New monitor/bad resolution

OK, you have all convinced me, as family and good friends have not been able
to, to break down and buy a new computer. As soon as I return this monitor,
I'll start shopping around for an XP Professional, probably checking 'em out
at Best Buy and then maybe ordering online. (So thanks, Jon, for suggesting
this line of action.)

A few questions:

--Whether desktop or laptop, can anyone suggest specific brands/models that
work swimmingly with XyIII+ 3.56 and are in that seductive $500 range?

--Desktop v. laptop/netbook: The reason I bought this larger monitor was
because I've been having eye problems reading the tiny script on so many
websites. (Thanks to this whole process, though, I've found out how to
enlarge email type.) How big do portable screens get--or should I not worry
about that and just hook a laptop or netbook up to a larger desktop monitor,
preferably a cheap, even used one that has the same "native" resolution as
the new computer? I'd like to be portable--as long as the home set-up is
easy to read.

Thanks, everyone--and Happy New Year's!

Leslie