xpl annotation

On 14-4-97, Tim Baehr wrote (in part)

>Also, I wonder whether the ;*; delimited comments and the comments that
>appear in "dead" spaces after GL's are more efficient than stuffing comments
>inside LB's. The LB's, after all, must be evaluated by program code even if
>nothing goes to them.

I've tested it, on some simple programs, and it certainly makes a difference in
speed. Also, I still use Tyson's old debugging programs, and "FINDLABL" stumbles
over any extra LB inserted as a comment.

For a program that I expect to keep, I start (when I can remember) with
≪GLstart≫ or equivalent, and then *immediately* insert a line or two saying
exactly what the program is and does. Then I go on with ≪LBstart≫. This has
the virtue that if I use the DIRL command I get an annotated list of program
files.

Cheers,
					Eric Van Tassel