RE Date variables in Xy III

Robert suggested using WSH, and gave a very helpful example of such a
script. I blush to say I had never realized WSH EXISTED until I saw the
mention of it on Robert's OED page (I have the hard copy ed., but I
looked at the page with a view to recommending it to any of my colleagues
who might have the electronic ed.) Sometimes one's fear and loathing of
Redmond cause one to shoot one's self in the foot. I have been trying to
decipher the docs, and even got a book on VBScript (couldn't find
anything on plain WS) out of the library. But as I keep promising myself
I will move to Linux, I hesitate to sink too much time into learning more
proprietary MicroSludge. Anyway, thanks for a good example, to look at in
conjunction with the docs if I do pursue this.
Patricia