Current XY Versions

On 18-APR-1996 15:10:39.7 xywrite said to LESLIE319
  >Not having spotted a general FAQ in the CATALOG.DOC list, I'll risk
  >throwing this question out to the mailing list at large:
  >What are the current versions of XyWrite IV and XyWrite for Windows, and
  >where/how can the bug-fix upgrades be had?

  4.12 = Windows
  4.017 = DOS
  You can get 'em from the Tech Group for, I think $15 a piece.

  >This question is prompted by seeing mention in recent messages here of
  >a version
  >4.17 for DOS and 4.12 for Windows.
  >I own XyWrite III+, XyWrite IV (build unknown, but I upgraded early)
  >and XyWrite
  >for Windows (4.11), and I've never received any information from The
  >Technology Group about the availability of upgrades for the latter
  >two.

  Yeah, I know. You have to keep after them, but they're really good
guys.

  >The last issue of XyI I have is V5N2, dated June 1992; I think
  >the last mailing I received from TTG was the announcement of the
  >XyWrite for Windows upgrade sometime in mid-93. I'm frankly surprised
  >to learn that there's a XyWrite V in the works--I was fairly sure that
  >I was using orphan software.

  Nope.

  >Briefly introducing myself to the list: I've been using XyWrite since
  >1986, when
  >a fellow writer blessed me with an "evaluation copy" of XyWrite II+.
  >As near as I can figure at this point, I wrote my first novel in
  >EasyWriter II, my next four in XyWrite II, my next three in III+, and
  >my last two-and-a-half in XyWrite
  >for Windows. I gave up XyWrite IV before I gave up XyWrite III+; the
  >latter would run on my floppy-only Toshiba T1000 portable, and
  >cheerfully drive a Brother HR-35 daisy-wheel printer (which near the
  >end of its life was used only for printing envelopes).

  Ah yes, I still love software that can load on one floppy.

  >Both the T1000
  >and the daisy-wheel are gone now, and I use XyWrite for Windows on
  >both my portable and my desktop. It's an open marriage, though, and I
  >do fool around on the side--I use Ami Pro 3.1 for correspondence and
  >all minor desktop publishing chores.
  >Best,
  >K-Mac
  >---] Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell [---
  >---] Author of EMPRISE, ALTERNITIES, THE QUIET POOLS, and EXILE [---

  I've read all but EMPRISE. Anxiously await more from you, pard!

  --Leslie--

`[1;35;46mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered