Re: Xywrite antiques

"Yo Intl." wrote:

> At 11:22 AM 5/9/01 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Most computer users today probably could not
> >answer 'Yes' to that question.
> >Jordan
>
> Correction: Most computer users today would not know what a real DOS prompt
> *is*...

True, true. The evolution of computer marketing is very similar, of course, to
the way cars are marketed. When you market for the masses, you must simplify.
And, just as cars did, by simplifying you end up bloating and complicating.

My guess, computer marketing now is like the auto industry was just before the
imports started taking over, and people began to realize that the annual model
changes were a con job. (You will not have failed to notice how rapidly M'Soft
is replacing Win 2000 with Win XKE or whatever it's called.)

But Linux looms bigger and bigger. Will it be to M'Soft what the Toyota was to
GM and Ford?

Hmm and hmm . . .

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)