From: Raphael Tennenbaum
To: XyWrite listserv
Sent: Mon, Nov 30, 2009 11:08 am
Subject: Switching in and out of fullscreen dosemu session?

I used to use XyWrite fullscreen under OS/2 but for a variety of reasons gave it up. now I have been playing around with it under dosemu, where it works handsomely, & hoping to tweak it.

is there a way to shell to the Linux desktop out of XyWrite the way I used to under OS/2, using RH's superb SW.CMD? standard dosemu way to return to the desktop is by invoking Ctrl-Alt-F to switch between fullscreen and windowed sessions -- which okay, but adds a couple of steps. I suspect it's not feasible -- if I start a plain old dosemu window, resize it to fullscreen, and hit Alt-Tab, it simply beeps instead of switching from the VGA console -- but just wonder if anyone knows for sure.

-rafe t.