Re: LCD monitors (black on white)

** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey  on Sat, 29 Jan
2005 17:22:48 -0500

> with black text on white
> background--impossible, alas, in XyDOS, I gather

Why not? In DFL, set MD NM=112, and restart XyWrite. Presto: black on white.

You can do this in VPT also, and get a greater range, although it probably
won't "stick" when you toggle back and forth between window and fullscreen.
Try the attached VPT config file (49 bytes), which is definitively black text
on a white ground (I think independent of monitor). You need sunglasses for
this one. Set MD NM=7 first in DFL, then relaunch XyWrite. The command at DOS
is "VPT /LWHITE" (everything in current directory, of course); in U2, "VPT
WHITE". Works great. (BTW, this would NOT be a cool thing to do on a
plasma screen, you'd burn it right up; but on an LCD... IIRC, it's OK. Lots of
other programs e.g. Wierd have white paper screens...)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx