Re: Parsing with XS

Thanks, Chris, that worked fine. I had not realized (should have; it's
right there in the docs) that one could specify sections of the date to
the datemask. Much simpler than parsing. I CANNOT seem to get straight
the distinction between SX and SV: I inevitably get a message saying one
or the other cannot be saved to that type. Especially where dates are
concerned, I'm probably being influenced by dBase's handling of them.
Patricia