Re: labels

Harmon:

I think your basic problem is the Laserjet emulation (I use a
LJ4+).   Because laser printers can't print near the top & bottom
of a sheet, the  labels made for them are 10 down rather than 11
down, with, as you say,  healthy margins.  In fact the first
label starts 1/2" from the top  margin.  If you get those labels
(say Avery 5160) your troubles MAY be  over.  On the other hand,
if you have a lot of old labels without such a  layout, you may
want to use a dot matrix emulation.

--  Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania