Advice on NBWin vs. Scholar's Workstation?

I've just about decided that I'll need NBWin if only for the up-to-date
filters. But my money is short, and time is running out on me before
15-11-99: can any satisfied (or otherwise) users tell me why I should get
the Workstation rather than the core NBWin?

Thanks.
Eric Van Tassel

PS: Seeing a mention of NB/DOS, in a colleague's recent posting, reminds me
to also ask if anyone knows about NB/DOS vs. NBWin. I hardly ever use XyWin
except for printing, because NB/DOS is so much faster and safer (not to
mention the color advantages). Will I find the same difference in stability
between NB/DOS and NBWin?