Re: XPL problem with

Carl wrote,

 The first PRompt is obliterated by func  FF.

Oh. I didn't know that FF wiped things out; I thought it refreshed them. I put in the FF only recently, to remedy the main problem: I can't see an update version of what's going on when I insert this module into my code. For instance, the program locks on one screen and even though "underneath" it's done a "gofile" and is somewhere else entirely, I see the frozen state of things as they were much earlier (I don't think it is even up to date with the way things were when the prompt module was executed). The kind of thing is that the program will DeFine a line and I want to make sure that the correct line is being selected by the SEarch I used, so I'll put the prompt module (now without any FF) right after the DF is closed. But the program shows nothing as DF'ed--until after I hit the "x" to exit the program. Then, instantly, I'm taken to the location of selected text, or I see text that was already onscreen suddenly become selected.

It's happened in a number of longer programs. Too long to send here. But if you have any general ideas, speculations, that would be helpful to hear about.

 Either eliminate FF or add ES 1 at the top of the code. The second
PRompt comes *after* RK, which is what you say you do not want. If you
don't want the PRompt, take it out!

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx