Re: keyboard glitch

Bruce,

Ah. Glad I was able to help.

BTW: when you start to "recustomize," you might want to put the
problematic kbd file in one window and the good one in an adjacent
window. In the window containing the good kbd file, search for the
scancode 31, which is the one for the letter s. The first time it
appears it will probably be pointing to the regular, unshifted
keyboard--i.e., your lowercase "s." Define that line. Then go over to
the window that contains the customized kbd file, and do the same thing.
Comment out the line you find there by placing a semicolon in front of
it. Then copy the line from the "good" keyboard in, and of course do not
comment it out. Compare the two, and see if there is a difference. If
there is, your problem is solved and you won't have to arduously
re-create everything you've done.

I certainly hope this will work.

Best,

Leslie

Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Leslie Bialler asked
>
> > Is this what you mean? busman"s holdiay but the busses' express
> lanes? >
>
> Yes; you put your finger on the problem (stating it better than I
> did).
>
> > Anyway, we have now ruled out . . . your speller file. The next >
> step would be to temporarily rename your customized keyboard >. . .
> and reload your uncustomized, standard-issue keyboard  > file.<
>
> I did so, and the problem vanished. I will recustomize as needed. Many
> thanks, Leslie.
>
> Bruce

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)