Re: OT: W2K et al

Correo Fenda wrote:
W2K works very well in 256MB and beautifully in 512Mb. But, believe me, a colleague of mine has a Pentium 150 Mhz. laptop running W2K in 96MB (obviously, without multitasking).
Thanks, that's good to hear, as the box that will probably have to be
upgraded to 2K has only 256 now. Laptops are a whole different matter: I
don't know how they do it, but they somehow tweak them to do things no
desktop could. One of mine, a Pentium 1 at 120 MHz, runs 95C in 24 Mb of
RAM, and the other, a 160 MHz, runs 98 SE in 74 Mb. On my old desktop,
SE crawls in 256 Mb. But I was actually checking my e-mail on the SE
laptop a week ago.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx