Re: III+ and 95

>We have over 250 III+ licenses and are moving toward Windows 3.1 and
>Windows 95. We cannot run III+ in Win3.1 enhanced mode on any machine using
>Netware VLMs. I'd like to know how far we can go with III+ or if we should
>upgrade to IV or Xy/Win (or even Word).

Well, okay, someone ought to chip in here that NetWare works just
fine with OS/2 and Xy4 works superbly under OS/2 (say the Warp
Connect flavor) -- I don't know of any OS which handles "legacy" DOS
apps better. (I was unlucky with Xy3 though others were not -- but I
suspect that whatever you do you'll be best off upgrading to Xy IV.

You might also get additional responses by indicating what other apps
you're running. Also be aware that the company that now own XyWrite,
The Technology Group, is planning a new XyWindows type of product
which apparently has some fancy groupware-type document-handling
capabilities -- perhaps the sort of thing more suitable for law firms
than newspapers. But the product seems to be late and we still don't
know much about it.

Rafe T.
http://www.quicklink.com/~rtenn