Equation editor

There is a file called "EQUATE.ZIP" on the TTG BBS which contains
the files for the demo version of "Equation Wizard".

If you have never accessed the TTG BBS the telephone number is
(410)576-8806, and settings should be n,8,1. New users will be
asked for their first and last names, and their location. They
will also be asked to choose a password.
 They will see several screens of questions concerning their
hardware and communication software. Most customer should
accept the default settings which will give them ANSI color
graphics and linefeeds. After they have successfully logged on
they will see some introductory text and then the main menu.

Once you get into the BBS you can get the demo file by pressing
"D" for Download Printer File from the main BBS menu. From the
Files menu select 5 for Filters, Patches, Misc. You will see
EQUATE.ZIP as the first file listed.

Make a directory for this program and unzip the file into that
directory.  There is a readme file, and you can test the product
either by itself or through Windows Write. I noticed that a
quirk of Windows Write is that the equations automatically
position themselves on the line after the cursor, and you cannot
move them easily. I am assured this is simply due to
limitiations in Write which would not be present in XyWin. I
noticed some other little idiosyncracies, but I am primarily
interested in whether the functionality and useability of this
product is within range of what our users would want/need.

Please let us have your reactions.

K.