Re: Footnotes/Endnotes formatting

At 12:27 PM 1/4/2008, David Auerbach wrote:
There is a hard space after the period; you just can't see it. (My
bad, I should have posted it with a indicator for a space there.) 'AT'
stands for attribute. What comes after '<' is (roughly) what should
the printer print entering the attribute. And '>' is for leaving the
attribute. In this simple case it just says print a period and a space.
 I'm away from home, and forgetting the printer file mnemonic for the
footnote number call-out (which defaults to superscript, but you can
change it, or, if you want to get fancy, you can change what SU does).

David, some progress:

AT:ENDNOTE
AT<
AT>.
;AT=2
ET

in fact adds a blank space after the FN number, but not a period. Curiously

AT:ENDNOTE
AT<
AT>.[space][space]
;AT=2
ET
adds two spaces. I've tried several different characters in place of the period, but none will print. And anything other than a period there removes the space. But

AT:ENDNOTE
AT<
AT>.X
;AT=2