Re: XyWrite 3+ keyboard

In a message dated 96-07-30 14:16:56 EDT, Bob Locher writes:

≪ I am still having a great deal of difficulty using XyWrite 3+
under
 Windows 95. My problem is that the keyboard seems to change
state,
 particularly during editing. What I mean by "Change State" is
that keys
 suddenly take on the characteristics of the same key but as if I
were
 pressing  or  or the like at the same time.
 ≫

The NI function call (we thought of it as NoIBM when I worked at
XyQuest) is
useful mainly (maybe just) for the Alt-key combinations. A
work-around that
*might* work:

When you seem to be "stuck" in an Alt-mode or Ctrl-mode, press
each Alt key
and Ctrl key once without pressing anything else. That will
often unstick
things in Xy4, and maybe it'll work in III+.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx