one click

from Morris Krok

 essence@xxxxxxxx

 ONE CLICK

 "Mind of Man - an untapped Goldmine"

 Shorthand way to write programs

 These programs are written in XyWrite iii, version 3.57

This program converts a program that is not written with Euroquotes
(chevrons) and embedded functions into one that is. For the purpose of
e-mail communication it has been converted to what one can call a phantom or
shadow version.

     Conpln.pm
>BC ci //XC BC ci />//XC
BC se / /XC >
BD DF CL CL DF RD BC pfunc XC
TF BC ci /^/ /XC CH BF

This program transforms a conventional program into a shadow version.

     As255.pm (searching for Ascii 255)
>BC ci ///>/XC

DF CL DF CR RD )>
CH

 To use these programs these "<>" must be converted into euroquotes and all
the dummy functions must be embedded.

 These programs are based on Herb Tyson's Func.pm, Pfunc.pm, Unpfunc.pm and
a little trick that enables one put the euroquotes (chevrons) on to the
command line and use CI to change them into <>. Conversely to change <> into
chevrons. I use searching for the space after the dummy function to convert
them into the embedded version.

 In As255.pm, I use these functions "R0 NO BD BD" to search for the 255 null
character to find an embedded function and then use "@cnv" to convert them
into dummy functions.

 Program Conpln.pm enables one to write programs in normal type codes such
as <> and dummy functions - BC RD etc.

 I have never used the scroll lock or write macros. XPL enables one to write
simple programs in lieu of macros.

 I am certain these programs could be improved but for them to work, the
unexpanded program (the shadow) must not contain spaces - in place of spaces
use symbol such ^. A small addition to the program will convert these
symbols to spaces.

 Example where spaces must be removed:
1.  must be changed to
.
2. From the command line BC ca c:\mtxdir\mtx.cllXC should be changed to BC
ca^c:\mtxdir\mtx.cllXC <>. It is essential to leave the space after dummy
functions such as BC and XC.