Re: CLIP and OOM and WInword

I use Draft mode in Xywrite. Switching to expanded mode made no difference.

The Break key (CTRL-FN-ScrLk on my Sony VAIO) did immediately stop the loop, asking Stop Program  Y/N? So yes, it's not frozen  but looping.

Paste key is CTRL-SHIFT-Z as follows:
44=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,Q2

After dropping into DOS as you suggested, I can indeed MErge CLIP.TXT anywhere in the file. But I can't Paste.

No weird clipboard utilities here, and I just replaced Editor.exe with the one at www.xywrite.com, though it was already the same size and date. No change.

And CLIP. TXT was as faithful as Desdemona.

The REG file I sent you inadvertently reflected the way I have been using CLIP. I put the CLIPped text at the beginning of the file (where it MErges nicely) and then use F8 to move it. I must have hit F7 instead, leaving the GSwin bit at the top.  However, deleting everything above  ; XyWWWeb U2 User V! ariable Registry makes no difference. Printing (TYP helpkey) Postfont.tst still  goes into an ever-increasing loop.

In Patricia's honor, I'm switching to DICT.HYP.

Jon Pareles

 Try Pasting into Expanded mode.

Possibly, for some reason, the ClipW* program has gone into a loop...
 What happens when you hit the BreaK key?

Can you also tell me exactly what your keystroke assignment is (in KBD file) onyour Paste key? Mine is

nn=NIJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,p,Q2

You're not using some wierd Clipboard utility, are you? You might try this: drop to DOS (DOS/NV), make sure some text is in the Clipboard first, DEL CLIP.TXT, CLIP 437 1252, then EXIT back to XyWrite, and try to manually MErge CLIP.TXT into a file waaaay down in the file (past 50 words). Just in case there's something inherentl! y wrong with the way CLIP.TXT is constructed... or with your MErge command (once upon a time, EDITOR.EXE occasionally got corrupted and had to be replaced.

I assume that when you inspected CLIP.TXT yesterday at the DOS level, that it did indeed contain the text that was on your Clipboard, faithfully rendered? So it's not CLIP.EXE itself that's causing your problem...? More than likely it's something in the ClipW* frame that isn't working on your system... but what?

Re Ghostscript: In REG, kill those top lines in your file -- the lines with
the red words. The first line with the GsPrnDev spec has GOT to go (delete the whole thing), that's profoundly fu. You have a correct spec waaay down in the [Ghostscript] stanza, where it belongs. The problem is, that this erroneous line is being read when the "GsPrnDev=" spec is queried -- instead of the good spec down below. Then SAve the REG file. You should be all set with printing after you fix this. Let me know...

Otherwise, your INT/DFL/REG files look OK (scanning casually).

Robert Holmgren

->
Hmm. It's called dict.hyp on my system. size 15093 bytes, dated
2-22-1988 9:21am. Do you have a different version, or did you just
rename it?

Patricia M. Godfrey

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photobooks/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38088/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//page?.file=photobook_splash.html. You design it and we?ll bind it!