Open-File sort order

I used the following sequence to modify the Open-File menu in
both XyDos 4.015 and XWin 4.012:

Copy XWDLG.DLG or XY4.DLG to another file such as My.dlg. (In the
 same directory...)
Call the copy.
Expand the format.

>From the command line, SEarch /Set1806/
>From the command line, SEarch /SV1813,/
You should see: ≪SV1813,F,E≫≪EI≫BX(DSORT ≪PV1813≫)
Change F,E to whatever you want sort order you like (e.g. E,F)

>From the command line, SEarch /5,OpOpt/
Look for: ≪IF@SIZ(≪VA@1813≫)==0≫≪SV1813,F,E≫
Change F,E like you did before.

Save the file.
>From the command line Load My.dlg (or whatever).

Test it. Don't ask me what it means.

I almost never use the Open-File menu. I put the dsort order in
my *.int file and changed my keyboard file so I could work from
ordinary directory listings:

Ctrl-O to call a directory in screen #9 (if possible):
  24=#9,BX,(,d,i,r,),BC,C,A,GT

Alt-Enter to call a file from the directory:
  28=NI,BC,c,a,GT,XC

Alt-Shft-Enter to change directory and refresh the screen:
  28=NI,BC,c,d,CC,XC,BX,(,d,i,r,)

Alt-Shft-Del to delete a file in the directory. Not too elegant,
but it works for me.

Good luck.

Myron ?