RE: AW: RE: XyWrite Source Code

Your message reminds me that I'm very curious as to which language the 32-bit Xy (it needs a name
too...XyWrite VI?...XyWrite 32?) is written in. Is the core still machine language? Or is it now
completely C++ (or some such)?

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

But surely it is possible (though you'd never know it from most of the bloatware out there) to
write a lean and mean 32-bit app that gives you a clean screen but doesn't require the DOS screen
manipulation, which is evidently the choking point?
I'm thinking of the other editor I occasionally use for plain text, EditPad. Will post the URL next
time I get their newsletter; a Dutch company working in Thailand, I think.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx