Switching files...

Peregrine@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>The MS Word/Windows way is a little cumbersome (You can visually select
among
>"cascaded" windows or select another open window by way of the drop-down
>menu).

Rene responded:
>In all fairness to MS Wurgh, you can toggle between open files by pressing
Ctrl+F6.
>Of course, that is what Bill Gates has deemed the proper key combination
and it is not up to you lowly user to change that.

Meanwhile, I have been nonchalently toggling from file to file in all my windows programs for almost
six years. My file toggle key is the same one that I use in Xywrite (which for obscure and ancient
reasons is assigned to the Insert key). I also can close files in any Windows program by hitting
F10, close any Windows program by hitting F11, and bring up the "Open File" dialogue box
in most Windows programs by hitting F3.

And I do all this by using Bill Gates' own and very old recorder.exe macro program. While there are
better macro programs out there, I have grown used to recorder, and continue to use it with Win95.

Bob Zimmerman
13909 Briarwood Drive, #323
Laurel, Maryland 20708
301-604-2255