Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2007 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: I want to go geek .. DOS subsystem
by loading DOS dir I mean I copied the DOS programs (by this I don't mean programs that run under DOS, I mean the code that executes when you enter a DOS command, like "dir" ....)
Again, this is a misconception. The contents of that directory has nothing
to do with: DIR, COPY, DEL, REN, CD, MKDIR and a few other *inbuilt*
commands. They are part of the operating system that is stored in the
hidden files in your *root* directory (normally). You can erase everything
in your DOS directory and experience no difference in DOS. The contents of
that directory are *extra* utilities, that you probably never use anyway.
If I succeed at that, I may try -- just for the principled of the thing ... to work in nonFullScreen mode ...
Good. But when you do that, make your window big enough and choose a font
box size nice and clear enough. That's done by right clicking on the title
bar, at the top of the window once Xy has been launched, choose
Properties, then you will see a Font tab, or something on that order.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx