Re: U2 conflicts update

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 05 Dec 1997 10:15:16 -0400

Myron:

What version of EDITOR are you using? XyWin or Xy4? (I know you used the proper
XPL code for "BX oo Q2 ", but did you SAve and re-LOAD the .DLG file? Sorry to be
a knucklehead, but ... often ... it's this sort of nonsense ...)

What you want to do now is to debug your setup carefully. Determine an Enter key
(e.g. Ctrl-Enter or Numpad-Enter) that doesn't have Stack on it. Startup a
*fresh* XyW session. Put "va/nv $OO" on the CMline and eXeCute it
off a non-Stacking key. What's your startup value of $OO? It should be 1 (because,
presumably, you issue an "OO" command in STARTUP.INT or otherwise). Issue
commands from SmartSet, ENHANCE, and Stack, one at a time. Check the current value
of $OO each time (1=On, 0=Off). It ought to be dead simple to figure out who's the
culprit; some frame is turning off customization with an OX command and/or
omitting to turn it back on again with OO! You might try an "se *|OX|" command to
find every instance of $tring "OX" in every file in your XyWrite directory. There
can't be that many of them...

> But the help screens for SmartSet (and Reorgniz.u2 as well,
> if I load it) are empty.

You realize, I'm sure, that you can't load two different U2 files simultaneously.
All routines (frames) must be agglomerated -- merged -- into a single library
file. Something is definitely haywire in your setup. Ain't no way those Help
frames would be empty. Now, of course, if we're talking XyWin here,
then... ahem...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx