Pirate BBS's

I don't think you have a strong obligation to "report" a pirate BBS,
although I think you have a right to do so if you wish. In my
experience (limited), the few boards that seemed a bit suspicious to
me looked like they were being run by adolescent boys who were very
gluttonous regarding all the possible software out there to be "had."
I think I'd leave a couple of messages to the sysop warning him that
if you are able to see what he is up to, others are able to do so as
well and that there are very real legal conseqences to such blatant
thievery. Nothing like the threat of confiscation of equipment to
straighten out an adolescent nerd.