Re: Backup--a different approach

>>The biggest challenge, such as it was, was to make sure that the system
is awake for each scheduled backup. I do this via the Windows task
scheduler, by establishing a dummy task (cmd.exe /c exit) to be run a
minute before each scheduled backup and -- critically -- in the
Conditions tab, checking the box to "Wake the computer to run this
task". It works.

There’s no need to go to all this trouble. If the computer is asleep when a backup is scheduled, ShadowProtect will perform it when it wakes up. Also, if a scheduled backup is interrupted because you restart the machine for any reason, ShadowProtect will resume it when the machine restarts. At least that’s what happens on my system.