Re: Paste into XyDOS from clipboard?

I just downloaded Notetab from the Internet and will work on this when I
have time in the next few days.

Many thanks!

At 11:04 AM 8/7/01 -0400, you wrote:
We never did get an answer to this question, which is really a Windows question. I have the same problem. I think he's referring to XyWrite for DOS. At any rate, I am. --Norman Bauman How can I paste in copy into XyWrite from the Windows clipboard without having to use alt+enter to switch to windows mode, then use a mouse on the XyWrite Icon. I'd love to be able to do it with a keystroke. --Jay McNally First, do you know that, with Windows active and using a pointing device, you can paste directly from the win95 clipboard into whatever you left on the xyWrite 3 (full) screen? Right-click xyW icon on taskbar->copy->paste. But as far as I'm concerned, the missing link between dos xyWrite and win9x is NoteTab http://www.notetab.com/, the best gui text editor I know, especially the "pasteboard" feature included even in the no-nag freeware version. One non-xyW-using friend uses NoteTab solely for this feature, but the editor --a Dorothy Day find--has much else to recommend it. When you designate a pasteboard file (Shift+Ctrl+P toggles), NoteTab collects everything you copy to the clipboard--no matter what the Windows app--in the pasteboard file, a text file like any other. I dedicate a file named PB as the pasteboard file and in xyW3 open it to grab something that's been on the clipboard, or to copy something to PB that I'll then, with NoteTab active, copy to the clipboard. When another app has altered an open file while NoteTab has been inactive, NoteTab knows and asks if you want it to update the file. Granted, this no doubt involves more steps than you'd like and requires Alt+Tab'ing instead of Alt+Enter'ing, but when a gui is involved you can't win 'em all. NoteTab lets you define the delimiter between clips, so you can automate the process in xyWrite with xpl; a xyWrite 3 !xyWiz module named !pb does so. ... Ciao. --a ======================================= adpFisher nyc xyWin+nbWin+xyW3 !xyWWWiz Web assistants + xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz + Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: http://www.escape.com/~yesss/ ========================================